Tuesday, October 6, 2009

When a Good Song Is Just a Good Song





I like Rap music about as much as I like being told I have a venereal disease, but sometimes a good song will break into your world despite your natural tastes and judgement. When Jay Z teamed up with Linkin Park at Live 8 in Philly, they stole the show, period. I would rather it have been Bon Jovi, Def Leppard, ANYONE but JAY Z, but he and Linkin Park were better than anyone else there. The performance was well rehearsed, smooth, intense, and memorable. A good song is a good song. One of my favorites? The Charles in Charge theme song. DONT LAUGH. It just has that hook and about 300 memories of myself and Nicole Eggert that only happened after I closed my eyes. Speaking of T. V, themes though, probably the second best performance at Live 8was Will Smith. It doesnt matter what type of music you're into. When you can sing the words to the Fresh Prince Of Belair along with ONE MILLION other people, it's a good time



No comments:

Post a Comment