Thursday, October 29, 2009

It was Ten Years Ago




My friend Tommy took me out to the Hammerstein Ballroom ten years ago today to see Sevendust. It was the day before I was moving to Florida to "avoid trouble" for a little while. I was high on Sevendust at the time and four opening bands seemed like a bit much. Static X was awful back in 2000 and so was another band who was so unimportant that I forgot their name. The third band though was Chevelle. I figured I'd at least give them a chance, since they're named after my favorite Chevy. They blew me the F*^K away. This might be one of the most exciting bands of the last decade. Their music is heavy but melodious and you can hum the freaking songs. The album, Sci Fi Crimes is different than all the other commercial B. S. out there right now. Pick up the new album if you like your music real. This is is older Chevelle, probably my favorite song by them : SEND THE PAIN BELOW

No comments:

Post a Comment