Thursday, September 30, 2010

Rushing To Dodge A Bullet?




A few days ago the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame announced its 2011 inductees and Rush was not included in the group. Okay Rush fans, you have a point. Let me put in in perspective for you though. The Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame lost all credibility in 2000 when they inducted the Loving Spoonful, a 60's band who had a handful of pop hits like many 60's pop bands did. They didn't however revolutionize a genre of music the way Black Sabbath did who at the time in 2000 were eligible for five years and still had not been inducted into the Hall Of Fame. Yeah I know that doesn't make you feel better. How about this fact then? Off the top of my head I can name four musicians in recent years who have died within four months of their hall of fame induction. Joey Ramone died a little before Eddie Vedder inducted them in, and Dee Dee Ramone died a few months later. Joe Strummer was a punk innovator but fell short by about three months of seeing his band the Clash get inducted into the Hall Of Fame. Bobby Hatfield wasnt related to Bill Medley but he left the Ritchous Brothers a man short soon after getting inducted into the Hall Of Fame. Not exactly the 27 club Jimi, Janice, Jim, Brian Jones, and Kurt Cobain made famous, but it might ease your pain about your favorite Canadian trio getting left out in the cold again. Do I like Rush? No. I can't stand them. I would rather be stripped naked, cut open, bathed in salt, and listen to Ann Coulter speak than sit through a Rush album. That's just my opinion. Who the Fuck am I? Do I think they deserve to get in over this years inductees of the Beastie Boys, Bon Jovi, and LL Cool J? Of Course I do. Then again, who the fuck am I.

No comments:

Post a Comment